danielle's background

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tutorial: Boy Hair Cut


When we lived in the Palo Alto, CA, the cheapest haircut we could find for my husband was $18, not including tip. My husband likes his hair cut every 3-4 weeks. That would be about $240/year. With the husband being in grad school and me paying off my schooling, I knew this was an area we could save money.
A pair of nice clippers was about $37. In 2 haircuts we would have paid for the clippers. Totally worth it, even if the hubby had to have a few bad haircuts before I got it down (he agreed).
Now, we save even more money cutting my son's hair too. If you haven't tried cutting your husband's or kid's hair yet, try it. It isn't that hard. Remember, hair grows back!

First off, here is a link to the clippers we purchased. We have had them for 4.5 years and they are still going strong!
Here is a video of how I do my son's hair. Know that there are more steps for men. I will get to those on another post.
Here I have a video of how to do it.

I first started cutting my son's hair before he was even 1 year old. The first 5 hair cuts or so, he was shaking, trembling, and crying. It wasn't a protest, it was fear. So, I would skip out a few of the steps I showed you in the video. Here's what I cut out:
  • Trimming around ears
  • Size 3 clipper altogether. Just take the 2 LONG and make sure to get a good swoop for best blending.
  • Size 1 clipper. Forget the nice fade to nothing look at the bottom and have it suddenly cut off--that look is totally fine.

To help, he sat in dad's lap and we turned on a video he liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment