danielle's background

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Felt Flower


It was time for a girl baby shower and I wanted to make a felt flower headband. I followed this tutorial, using 4 pieces of felt like she said. When I was done with that I didn't like how it looked and when I tried adding in one more, like she said she did sometimes, it still just wasn't enough for me. So here is what I did to make it more to my taste.
First follow the tutorial she has until your flower looks like the one on the right in this picture:

Next, cut out two smaller flowers, the same shape as the first 4 (above on left).
Here's what I did next:

Here is a still picture of how it looks when you pinch this piece:

Glue the pieces to each other and then to the larger petals. Here's a tip: when you are putting the two small pieces together, don't match up the tips, leave a little space like I showed here:

So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment