danielle's background

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream


Update: I just tried this ice cream with crushed Oreos and it was even better than the chocolate chips! Try it, you won't regret it!
This is the first ice cream I've made with our ice cream maker that I'd give 5 stars. I found a recipe and used some reviews on the recipe to finally come up with this awesome concoction. It is soft, tasty and just the right amount of mint flavor. I also found that Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate works amazingly well in ice cream. I don't think I'll ever do another kind of chocolate.
Mint Chololate Chip Ice Cream
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp peppermint extract
  • 3.4 oz (half a giant size bar) of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate
1. Beat eggs 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add sugar, mix well. Stir in liquid ingredients.
2. Refrigerate a few hours. Well, that's what every recipe says to do but I just pour it into the ice cream maker right then and it works fine enough for me. Ha!
3. While ice cream maker is going, cut up chocolate. Use a bread knife, start at corners and just start shaving off the chocolate. This is a great method because you can get all the chocolate shavings small, so they won't be too hard or crunchy in the cold ice cream. That is why I never use the small chocolate chips, I feel like those are even too big.
4. During the last few minutes, add in chocolate shavings. Store in airtight container and freeze for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment