danielle's background

Friday, April 13, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


I've posted my chocolate chip cookie recipe but this is THE BEST cookie recipe I have ever tried. I have made them a ton and know how to make them perfectly now. I think what makes them so good is the tiny bit of cocoa powder. Since the cookies aren't a chocolatey color, it makes you wonder what is in them that tastes so good (I think that is it!).
Whatever you do, don't change this recipe, because this literally is perfection. Use butter, not margarine (and I normally prefer margarine). There is no vanilla, you might be tempted to add it but don't. I promise this cookie will exceed all expectations! And the dough is just as good as the cookie itself.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (salted or unsalted, both turn out great)
1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Beat butter, peanut butter and both sugars. Add eggs. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Form dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls. If some of the balls are lacking chocolate chips, I add in more, so keep those chocolate chips out! Place no closer than 2 inches apart. Use back of the fork to FLATTEN DOUGH in a crisscross (once I forgot to do this and they did not turn out as well). Bake for 9-10 minutes and take out, do not go longer. You do not want the tops browned! When they are, they taste burned! So, take it out before they turn brown. If your oven is different than mine and your first batch turns out browned, take the time down to 8 minutes but do not let them get brown (have I made my point?). Let cookies cool 4-5 minutes on cookie sheet (otherwise they will fall apart) then remove to cooling rack, or in my case aluminum foil.

Printable Version (includes the recipe halved)

No comments:

Post a Comment