danielle's background

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Reviewing a Song

I love when inspiration hits you. I definitely felt it when I came up with this idea. I'm doing it for "I Know that My Savior Loves Me" but it can be done to review any song with senior primary.

I'm going to write the lyrics of the song on the chalk board in 3 different colors like this:


A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me

I know He livesI will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

I'll bring a dice and have a kid roll it. Here's what I thought up to do with each of the rolls:


Roll 1: one half of the room sings red, other half sings blue, all sing yellow
Roll 2: Girls sing yellow, boys sing blue, all sing red
Roll 3: Only sing blue
Roll 4: Erase one word in each color (from then on everyone sings those words). If a four is rolled we won't sing, we'll only erase.
Roll 5: I (chorister) sing red, kids sing blue and yellow
Roll 6: Staccato on red, normal on blue and yellow

There are obviously a lot of different ways you can do this, so have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment