When I try to think of how to describe this soup the phrase that comes to me is "melt in your mouth" even though I don't know if that is how a soup can be described. Let's just say it pleases the palate.
4 large potatoes, cubed
1 onion, chopped
2 cups carrots, sliced
2 cups celery, chopped
5 cups broccoli, cut up
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1/2 cup + 2 TBSP margarine
1/4 cup milk
1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
1.Boil potatoes, onion, carrots and celery in 6 cups of water for 10 minutes. Start the 10 minutes when it begins to boil.
2. Add broccoli, boil 10 more minutes.
3. Add cooked chicken. Do not drain water!
4. Meanwhile, in saucepan, melt margarine on medium-high heat. Whisk in flour then milk. Stir constantly until thick.
5. Remember cheese is CUBED. Once I did this without cubing and it took forever to melt. Add cheese, mustard, pepper and bouillon. Mix until it is smooth.
6. Add cheese mixture to vegetables and chicken. Heat together but don't boil. Serve and enjoy!